Expressions of interest are being invited for the 2022 Volunteer Grants, Member for Gilmore, Fiona Phillips MP has today announced.
The Volunteer Grants program supports not-for-profit organisations with grants of between $1000-$5000 to assist and encourage volunteers.
There is just over $66,000 available for Gilmore not-for-profit organisations whose workforce consists of at least 40% volunteers.
“This program is always hugely popular on the South Coast, where volunteers are an essential part of our community,” Member for Gilmore, Fiona Phillips said.
“Grant funding can go towards small equipment purchases, help with fuel and transport costs, training or background checks for volunteers – things that are really valuable to those amazing organisations doing such great work in our community.”
“I encourage all of our wonderful volunteer organisations to apply,” Fiona said.
Volunteer Grants are about strengthening communities by increasing participation in volunteering. The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering; and
- encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering.
Grant funding can only be used for eligible activities or items such as:
- small equipment that will assist the volunteers in their role
- transport costs of volunteers with a disability
- fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- training for volunteers
- background screening checks of volunteers
- promotion of volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the Coronavirus pandemic environment.
To be eligible to apply you must be an organisation that has been nominated by my office, receive an invitation to apply through GrantConnect and:
- be a legal entity, or
- be an unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application entering into an agreement on behalf of the unincorporated Association.
Expressions of Interest are open until 25 September 2022. An Expression of Interest form and further information is available HERE.
More information about the program can be found HERE.
Image: Fiona Phillips