Two people involved in a 16-hour overnight armed siege at a home in Launceston have been charged by police.
Unprecedented back-to-back bleaching events on the Great Barrier Reef has changed the physiology of tougher coral, making them more resilient to future stress, new research suggests.
Aussie scientists have made a poo breakthrough that should help people battling chronic gut disease.
A woman has been taken to hospital in remote Queensland after being impaled by a catfish.
The terrorism threat facing Australia is unlikely to subside anytime soon, according to Victoria Police's top counter-terrorism officer.
A young pilot who died in a plane crash in rugged Tasmanian wilderness was a much-loved member of the island state's flying community.
A shattered Australia, reeling from a dramatic 31-run loss to India at Adelaide Oval that puts them at major risk of an unprecedented Test series defeat, are confident the day-five fight is a sign of greater things to come.
Murderers and sex offenders could slip into the country if sick refugees are more easily able to seek medical treatment in Australia, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has warned.
Winger Kyle Feldt has accepted a friendly wager with North Queensland recruit Nene Macdonald to see who will score the most NRL tries after revealing the Cowboys will gamble on a new "off the cuff" attack in 2019.
The national curriculum needs to be decluttered and simplified to help Australian students excel, the federal education minister says.
More Articles ...
- Migrant deal to attract workers to the NT
- World figures we farewelled in 2018
- Skydiving granny, 102, sets world record
- Qantas to fly to Sydney from regional Vic
- Fast-food workers call for an end to abuse
- Trump told not to meddle in French affairs
- Forced sale of 300 foreign-owned homes
- Teen clocked at 220km/h in NSW: police
- Tasmania police to question siege pair
- Man charged with murder in Newcastle