Sydney's status as a globally-engaged city can be rebuilt through the establishment of shorter home quarantine periods for vaccinated international arrivals, the NSW government hopes.
The death of a baby girl three days after a home water birth could have been prevented if she had been born in the hospital, a Queensland coroner had found.
New Zealand's ban on quarantine-free travellers from Australia will remain until November at least, with future trans-Tasman travel hinging on vaccination rates.
Terminally ill Queenslanders will be able to end their lives at a time of their choosing from early next year after the state parliament voted to legalise voluntary assisted dying.
The NSW government has prepared a "draft" reopening roadmap for when the state reaches 80 per cent double-dose vaccination in its eligible population, the deputy premier says.
Australia's first nuclear-powered submarines could be in the water before 2040 under a historic partnership with the United States and United Kingdom.
Cricket Australia will shift the opening fortnight of the Women's Big Bash to Tasmania as it continues to tinker with the summer's schedule amid COVID-19 outbreaks.
Leaders from western and southwest Sydney have welcomed the NSW government's decision to end curfews in COVID-19 hotspot areas.
A regional Victorian city is going into a seven-day lockdown, as the chief health officer warns the state's latest COVID-19 outbreak is yet to reach its peak.
A prisoner who allegedly escaped from a NSW jail in 1992 has turned himself in after almost 30 years on the run.
More Articles ...
- Apple unveils iPhone 13, new iPad mini
- Apple issues software update over spyware
- NSW COVID transmission blunted by vaccines
- LNP leaders oppose Qld euthanasia bill
- Virus illness rising as jab rates increase
- ACT lockdown extended for another month
- We didn't delay Sydney lockdown: NSW govt
- COVID-positive removalists plead guilty
- Dylan Alcott achieves the 'golden slam'
- Challenging two months ahead: NSW premier