Current Situation - information from the RFS as of 3.38am 2nd December
- Fire activity increased over the evening due to strong westerly winds. The fire is spreading quickly in an easterly direction and has spotted across the Princes Highway in to the Murramarang National Park.
- The Princes Highway is now closed between Termeil and the Kings Highway turnoff. This has cut access to coastal communities.
- There is a significant amount of smoke in the area.
- Firefighters are working in the area to protect properties where possible.
AREAS WEST OF THE PRINCES HIGHWAY BETWEEN TERMEIL AND EAST LYNNE
- Seek shelter as the fire impacts. It is too late to leave.
AREAS BETWEEN KIOLOA AND NORTH DURRAS, including DEPOT BEACH, PEBBLY BEACH, PRETTY BEACH, BAWLEY POINT
- It is too late to leave. Take shelter as the fire approaches. Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- Leave now towards Ulladulla.
Evacuation centres have been established at the following locations:
- Ulladulla Civic Centre, 81B Princes Hwy, Ulladulla
- Hanging Rock Sports Club Function Centre, Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
Residents evacuating from Bawley Pt and Kioloa last night. Image thanks to Adam Martin
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service has closed campgrounds in Murramarang National Park.
- For information on road closures, check www.livetraffic.com. Roads may be closed without warning.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 02/12/2019 04:00 or if the situation changes.