The following is advice from the Rural Fire Service, posted by the RFS at 3pm, Saturday, 30 November. Keep checking rfs.nsw.gov.au for the latest information. Scroll down for information from the Bureau of Meteorology, or click through to the Bom's website here.
The bush fire is burning through the Tallaganda National Park, west of Braidwood. The fire is over 15,600 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The North Black Range fire is currently burning in the Tallaganda National Park, and to the west and south west of Braidwood.
- There has been an increase in fire activity in Gillamatong near Sand Holes Road.
- The fire has crossed Cooma Road near Burkes Hill and is moving towards Jembaicumbene.
- Fire activity has increased as strong winds are impacting the fire ground.
- Firefighters continue working to slow the spread of the fire and protect properties in the area.
- The fire is also burning in the areas of the Butmaroo, Forbes Creek, Ralpine Valley, and Mount Palerang.
- The Kings Highway has reopened.
- If you are in the areas of Jembaicumbene, Burkes Hills or Gillamatong, monitor conditions and put your bush fire survival plan into action. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in the areas of Braidwood, Bombay, Little Bombay, Bendoura, or Butmaroo monitor the situation and know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in the areas of Forbes Creek and Hoskinstown monitor conditions and know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- Only stay and defend your property if you are both physically and mentally prepared.
- Take advice from firefighters in the area.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Large animals and companion animals can be taken to Bungendore and Braidwood Showgrounds.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite https://register.redcross.org.au/ before attending evacuation centres.
- A Neighbourhood Safer Place is at Ryrie Park, Corner of Wilson Street and Wallace Street, Braidwood. A Neighbourhood Safer Place is a place of last resort.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 30/11/2019 17:00 or if the situation changes.
Severe weather warning from the BOM.
Meanwhile, just after 3pm the BOM issued a severe thunderstorm warning, including for damaging winds and large hailstones, for or people in Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast, North West Slopes and Plains, Northern Tablelands and parts of Hunter, Illawarra, South Coast, Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands, Upper Western and Snowy Mountains Forecast Districts.