There's a Severe Weather Warning in place for the South Coast today.
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING is expected to continue due to a low pressure system directing persistent and widespread rain over the southeast.
Road update (9am Wednesday 5/05):
East Street, Bega - water over causeway
Wapengo causeway - Tathra-Beramgui Road
Sapphire Coast Drive - tree blocking both lanes between Monchs Road and Bournda Road
Buckajo Road, Buckajo - closed from Bega Landscape supplies site to Grosses Creek.
Old Wallagoot road - closed at Kalaru end through to Penuca Road.
Wallagoot Land, Jellet Jellat - 3kms in from the Tathra Bega Road intersection.
Sapphire Coast Drive near Bournda road - water on road
Observed rainfall totals from 9:00 am Tuesday to 8:00 am Wednesday include:
- 155 mm at Black Range
- 120mm Bega R at Kanoona
- 119mm Kameruka Estate
- 115mm Bega AWS
- 112mm Angledale
Foxground rain gauge has reported 82mm in the 3hrs to 8:30am Wednesday
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Not drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* After bushfires, heavy rain and the loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.