Dawn Service, Canberra, 2019. Image courtesy Australian War Memorial.
ANZAC DAY Bega Valley
- 10:50am: March commences. Proceeds along Imlay, Bass and Calle Calle streets to the Eden War Memorial.
- 11:00am: Service at the memorial commences.
- 12:00pm approx: Service concludes, marchers fall out followed by lunch in the hall. We would also like to extend the invitation to join us for breakfast and a light lunch following the service at the RSL hall.
- 10.20am: Gather outside the Cobargo School of Arts, Bermagui Rd. March along Bermagui Road and Princes Highway to the Soldiers Memorial.
- 10.35am: Main service at the Cobargo and District Soldiers Memorial, corner of Princes Highway and Tarlinton Street.
- 6:00am: Dawn Service. Form up at Mitre 10 Store Auckland St. Step off and proceed left into Carp St. and march to the Memorial Gates to hold Ceremony.
- 10:30am: March. Route and Information: Form up in Gipps St. Step off and wheel right into Carp St. Proceed to Memorial Gates and enter Precinct to conduct Ceremony.
- 10:45am: Main Service. March to venue as indicated above. Ceremony conducted in Memorial precinct.
- Anzac Day Service will take place at Bemboka War Memorial on Sunday 25th April at 10.45am.
- Those who wish to march are asked to assemble outside the former Hobbs General Store at 10.20am.
- Please note that COVID Safe Practices will apply to all attending the Service and will include QR Code Scanning with your phone and/or entering your name on a register. Assistance will be available if you need help these processes.
- Those attending the service are asked to arrive prior to 10.40am to allow time for registration. Everyone is invited to morning tea at Bemboka Memorial Hall following the Service.
- Dawn Service at the War Memorial, top of Lamont Street.
- 10:45am: March and main service, Lamont Street, Bermagui NSW, Australia. Members participating the march will form up on Lamont Street, opposite the chemist shop and march to the Bermagui War Memorial, Lamont Street.
- Guest Speaker Wing Commander (Retired) Nick Coulson.
- 6:00: Dawn Service. Muster at the Memorial in Beach Street at 5.40am for a service commencing at 6.00am. Australian Defence Force Academy Catafalque Party in attendance. Commemoration address by RSL sub-Branch President (Catafalque Party to march across road to Memorial just before 6.00am).
- Last Post and Reveille - RSL Bugler Nicholas Hassanoff
- (A toddy & milk with BBQ breakfast supplied by sub-Branch after Dawn Service at the Memorial.)
- Main Service. Muster at the side of the Merimbula RSL Club building at 10.40 am to march off to the Memorial in Beach Street, for a 1100 am service and wreath laying. (Catafalque Party to lead march)
- Commemoration address Reverend Lou Oakes.
- 12.00pm after Merimbula ANZAC Day Service, to be held in the RSL Club Scenic Lounge. (Guest speaker). Ticket holders and invited guests only.
- 8.40am: Muster in front of Goodfellows Supermarket in Quondola Street. March to memorial opposite the Pambula Post Office for a service and wreath laying.
- Catafalque Party – Commemoration address ADFA speaker) (Catafalque Party to lead march)
- Last Post and Reveille - RSL Bugler Nicholas Hassanoff
- Students from Lumen Christi College, Pambula Public School to give address on the theme of ANZAC Day.
ANZAC Day Eurobodalla
- 5:45am: Assembly at the Honor Stone, the Foreshore, Clyde Street.
- 6:00am: Dawn Service at the Honour Stone.
- 10:00am: Muster at the Batemans Bay Soldiers Club carpark.
- 10:15am: March to the Honour Stone, Navy leading. (subject to NSW Police approval).
- 10:45am: Arrive at the Honour Stone.
- 10:50am: ANZAC Commemoration Service at the Honour Stone. Laying of the wreaths will be a maximum of 4 at a time.
- 12:15pm: ANZAC Wall walk at the Batemans Bay Soldiers Club.
- 12:30pm: Luncheon for current and ex-Service Personnel and Partners.
- 9:00am: ANZAC Service at the War Memorial in Bergalia Link Road.
Bodalla - Saturday 24 April:
- 11:00am: ANZAC Service at the Bodalla Memorial Hall on the Princes Highway.
- 9:50am: March assembles outside Dromedary Hotel on Bate Street.
- 9:55am: March to Cenotaph, corner of Corkhill Drive and Bate Street.
- 10:00am: Commemoration Service at the Cenotaph.
- 5:30am: Assemble at RSL Memorial Hall, 11 Page Street.
- 5:45am: Dawn Service at the War Memorial.
- 11:00am: March steps off at the corner Vulcan and Shore Streets. March along Vulcan Street, left into Mirrabooka Avenue and then left in to Page Street to the Memorial Hall, 11 Page Street.
- 11:30am: ANZAC Commemoration Service and Wreath Laying.
- Moruya Dusk Service
- The very first dusk service will be held at the going down of the sun at the World War 2 RAAF bunkers. Organisers say many will be surprised to learn that during the Second World War, three Merchant sailors (fishermen) were killed by a Japanese submarine, just off Moruya on 3 August 1942. They now lie buried in the Moruya Cemetery.
- Another Merchant vessel, the SS Robert J. Walker was sunk on Christmas Eve of 1944 off Wallaga Lake with the loss of two crew members. The Moruya Remembers Committee felt it would be appropriate for an official wreath to be laid by a local member of the Merchant Navy, either current serving or retired in honour of these three men and the US crewmen of the Robert J. Walker lost on board. Both sets of crewmen will now be officially remembered during this first official Dusk Service.
- Please visit the Facebook Page "When War Came to Moruya" for updates and further details, directions in the lead up to ANZAC Day or contact Gary Traynor on ph. 044 969 2401. All members of the public welcome.
- 5:55am: Assemble for 6:00am Dawn Service at the War Memorial at Club Narooma, 88 Princes Highway.
- 10:45am: Assemble at the Narooma Visitors Centre, corner Princes Highway and Bluewater Drive.
- 11:00am: March steps off to the War Memorial at Club Narooma.
- 11:30am: ANZAC Service and Wreath Laying at the War Memorial.
- 12:30pm: A special luncheon will be on sale at Club Narooma after the Service for ex-Service Personnel and the public.
- 2pm 2Up
- 6:00am: Coffee and rum for current and ex-Service Personnel at the Tomakin Sports and Social Club.
- 6:45am: Muster at the Rivermouth General Store, corner Sunpatch and Kingston Parades.
- 7:00 am: March to Tomakin Sports and Social Club. Pipe band and Navy personnel will be in attendance. This year, cadets and scouts will join the March, wearing uniforms from historical wars.
- 7:15am ANZAC Day Commemoration Service.
- 7:30am Breakfast is provided to all Marchers by the Tomakin Sports and Social Club. Members of the public are welcome to purchase their breakfast. Breakfast is to be confirmed closer to the date.
- 5:30am: Dawn Service at the Memorial Gardens, Plantation Point.
- 11:00am: March from Birdwood Circle to the Tuross Head Country Club, 40 Monash Avenue.
- 11:15am: ANZAC Service at the Tuross Head Country Club.
- Members from the Australian Defence Force Academy and the Eurobodalla Light Horse Re-enactment Group will be in attendance at both the Dawn Service at the Memorial Gardens and at the Anzac Service at the Tuross Head Country Club.