Cadetship - Environmental Health Officer16th May 2022
- Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Moruya NSW
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 70 hours per fortnight
Looking for a fantastic opportunity on the beautiful south coast of NSW to gain valuable on-the-job skills while completing your degree-level study?
Working with our Environmental Services Team, you will be part of the Public and Environmental Health department based in Moruya and will have the opportunity to develop skills including:
• Participating in a dynamic team that coordinates public and environmental health
• Assisting with public health programs such as food inspections, on-site sewage management systems, public swimming pools, drinking water, liquid trade waste, licencing requirements etc
• Environmental regulation including investigation of pollution incidents
• Monitoring estuary health
• Undertaking water quality monitoring and Beachwatch programs
• Working with the public on education about environmental health matters such as noise, water, air, and living conditions
Total remuneration for this role starts at $1,789.28 per fortnight consisting of:
• $1,626.62 base salary,
• $162.66 superannuation (calculated at 10%)
The Salary level for this role is dependent on the level of study completed and experience. Benefits include full time work + financial assistance to cover study fee costs + career and salary progression + flexibility in working hours.
There may be an opportunity for progression into a permanent Environmental Health Officer position subject to satisfactory work performance and completion of tertiary studies.
Applications: For your application to be considered for this position you will need to submit your application via the Eurobodalla Shire Council on-line recruitment portal and provide responses to the selection criteria listed in the application form.
Only applications submitted via our recruitment portal will be considered.
To do this please go to the Eurobodalla Shire Council webpage (www.esc.nsw.gov.au) and click on the Vacant Positions tab to view all current vacant positions.
Closing Date: 4.30pm Tuesday 31 May 2022.
You are encouraged to apply if you:
• Have commenced (or are eligible for acceptance into) relevant tertiary studies (enrolment in the Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) with Western Sydney University, or ability to enrol in this course is a requirement for this position).
• Have an interest in science and how it plays a part in how we live together in our community
• Have an interest in local government Environment and Health management
• Have good communication and computer skills, and
• Enjoy working in a team environment