EXTRA BUS SERVICES TO SUPPORT BUSHFIRE RECOVERY
Tue 28 Jan 2020 to Sun 29 Mar 2020
The NSW Government has acted swiftly to introduce temporary bus services and additional stops for existing services to support locals affected by bushfires in southern NSW.
Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Paul Toole said the recent bushfires had left widespread damage across the South Coast.
“These devastating fires have left many families without a family car to access essential services,” Mr Toole said.
“Transport for NSW has worked with Sapphire Coast Buslines, Priors Bus Service and Ulladulla Buslines to expand their services to deliver better connections to NSW Health, Service NSW, Disaster Welfare, and the Red Cross and Salvation Army services.
“These temporary bus services will ensure the community can access the support and services available at their local recovery centres seven days a week.
“The additional services will be provided by local bus operators and will start by Tuesday, 28 January.”
Member for Bega Andrew Constance said these bus services would be a huge benefit to those affected by the bushfire disaster.
“These extra services are more proof we are getting on with the recovery. They will make it easier to access business and services while we continue to rebuild,” Mr Constance said.
The service enhancements will include:
Eden to Bega
- An extra return trip from Bega to Eden Monday to Friday.
- An extra return trip from Eden to Bega to the Saturday timetable.
- Services for Sunday, running to the current Saturday timetable for the region.
- A dedicated Mogo service providing eight weekday and three weekend trips from Batemans Bay to Mogo, servicing locations such as Mogo Shops, the Mogo Zoo and the Recovery Centre based at Bateman’s Bay Soldiers Club via Flora Crescent.
- A dedicated Mogo service via the coast of Batemans Bay and Tomakin Road, providing seven weekday trips and six weekend trips on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Four new weekday return bus trips from Ulladulla to Lake Conjola and two additional Ulladulla to Bawley Point return weekday trips serving Lake Conjola.
- Weekday service levels extended to weekends to include return services from Ulladulla to Lake Conjola and Ulladulla to Bawley Point locations.
They will run until 29 March 2020, unless recovery centres close earlier.
Local service providers are updating their websites and social media platforms, and can be contacted directly regarding the amended services.
The contact details of the local bus operators include:
Sapphire Coast Buslines
(02) 6495 6452
Email: [email protected]
Priors Bus Service
(02) 4472 4040
Email: [email protected]
(02) 4455 1674
Email [email protected]